Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Friday!


Just had to show that your little cuties are already making me beautiful pieces of artwork! Today I showed them how they have to write To Mrs. Cota before I'll hang it on our art wall. Later on, I'll show them that they also have to write by and their name :) 


Playing Roll and Record---learning how to use a dice and count the dots. Some smarties knew the dot patterns quickly, without counting! That's awesome! 




We made another class book after reading, Harold and the Purple Crayon. We have color words on our wall. I am teaching the kids that writers always say, "If you see it, write it." They quickly picked up on copying the words! 


So excited! Just got our new book bags in the mail :) We'll use these when we learn how to book shop for just right books! 

Had to show a picture of Autumn and her school story. We are still working on understanding that writers write books and stories....they don't draw pretty pictures just to draw pretty pictures. 

Well, all in all, it was a successful week! We survived week 1! I hope your little ones aren't too tired at night. I'm sure they are though...if they feel anything like me :) :) We are learning our routines and adjusting to this big kid school nicely! I hope you all have a good and restful weekend and that your kiddos are excited to come and see me on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment