Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thankful Tuesday

Some upcoming things to think about:
  • Please return the bottom portion of the cookie social letter even if you are not coming.
  • Mrs. Cota is set to return next week on Wednesday, December 3.
  • As we get into the spirit of giving this month, we are looking for donations of a non-perishable food item for the food pantry this month as our Kindergarten community service project.  Thank you for giving in this time of need for many families!  Last day to donate: Friday, Dec. 12th.  
K02 spent the day being thankful for all we have.  We made pictures for a friend and told that person how thankful we are. We read books about Thanksgiving. We practiced our beginning sounds and are thankful for how easy it is starting to come to all of us. We also watched a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and had library, art, and gym.

We also spent some time cleaning out all of our areas.  I am sending home rest blankets.  I hope you can find time to clean them and send them back next week.  This way everything will be clean and ready for Mrs. Cota's return!

As my time in K02 is coming to a close, I think today is a great day to say thank you to all of you for allowing me to be here with your kids.  It will be very hard to say goodbye to these kids with how special they have all become to me.  I am so proud of how much each of them has learned and how much they have grown.  As a substitute teacher, I get the great opportunity to work with many students over many years.  So hopefully, I will see these kiddos again and as they grow.

Thank you to all the parents who came to parent teacher conferences and allowed me to brag about how well your child is going.  Also, a big thank you to Mr. D. and Mrs. Cota for choosing me to join this wonderful class.  While I do have two more days here at Pettigrew in K02, I have never been one for long goodbyes so I will end it here.

I hope to see all again very soon.

Mrs. Vollan

No comments:

Post a Comment