Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy Thursday and Friday!

We made some beautiful tooth fairies this week! 



One of our readers noticed that the little boy in Chicken Soup with Rice, written by Maurice Sendak, looks an awful lot like Max, from Where the Wild Things Are! Isn't that funny? We even wondered if the food waiting for Max, was chicken soup with rice??? 



One of my old students came back to read me some of her writing yesterday! I just adore Reagan and she's doing such a great job in 2nd grade...I had to post a picture :) 


Oh! Can't forget that she brought me MILK DUDS! My favorite candy ever! 


Today we learned that just like writers don't slow down for snap words....neither should readers. Snap words are even hidden in bigger words sometimes...so we need to always be on the lookout! 





Our learning words were teeth and floss today. 


Our last activity today was so fun! I had a secret announcement for them. So I wrote letters on cards and each team had to see if they could figure out what it spelled.
MAX IS BACK! 
Our old friend Max is moving back from Flandreau! We get to see him again on Monday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment