Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Monday!

Another new month is upon us. Sometimes I can't believe how fast the time goes. I really try to squeeze a lot of learning in during the day, but there never seems to be enough time.

I really enjoy being able to post pictures and stories for you about your children and their learning experiences, but it's also nice to have this place to reflect on the day. Sometimes I feel like knowing that I have to blog at the end of the day makes me think deeply about what we're doing each day...so that I have something to post or talk with you about.

Lately, I have appreciated the feedback I've heard about my posts regarding growth mindsets vs. fixed mindsets. I am glad that I can take the things I'm learning and applying to the classroom and share them with you. I think that if I were a parent...I would want to know about the latest and greatest in our schools. But those are just thoughts. I do hope that's how you see my sharing!

So here is something to share. A GREAT book about reading aloud to your children. I was told by a professor in college that I had a strength for read alouds. Ha. I like to think that in a different life I could possibly be some famous actress in Hollywood :)

Reading Magic, by Mem Fox.

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment