Monday, September 10, 2012

More math!

Well, I think math must be the easiest time for me to grab my camera :) I just LOVE math! Here we are doing math problem solving.....we are just starting to learn about attributes and sorting.

The children all noticed my biiiig container of balls this morning. They each got to pick one out and draw a picture of it. Then, if they were brave enough, they tried to write or think of a few words that described the ball.
Kurgan's ball had holes in it! He noticed that your fingers could slip right through.


Avery described her ball as pink.

Aryn said her ball had blue on it and you see that she drew the stars!

 

 



This is our I chart. I stands for INDEPENDENCE! The children and I practice building stamina during things like math stations and Daily 5 (reading block). If stamina is broken, then we all check in and problem solve together.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I also love math. :) Great idea of incorporating balls in learning. Looks like you had a collection of balls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete