Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our First Math Station Day!

Today we began our first math stations. Last week we talked about what math stations will be like. We brainstormed behaviors for our I chart! Our I charts help us remember what's expected of students and the teacher.
Here are some partners working with geoblocks!

You'll notice that some of our stations are still exploration stations. We need to be familiar with these math tools before we start using them to solve problems or play games.

Attribute blocks! A new tool! Students told me that they were different shapes and different colors. A few kids noticed that some are fat and some are skinny----these are the attributes.





 
All of these pictures are from our counting jar. I spent most of my time here today. It's interesting to see how kids count. Some will.....
*Start from 1 each time
*Point to each object as they count (1 to 1)
*Ike gave an example of counting on from 6. It's pretty early to do this, so way to go Ike!

1 comment:

  1. Hi K02. I am so excited to see you learning about math. It is one of my FaVoRiTe subjects!! You are luck to get so many cool tools to work with. I miss everyone at Pettigrew. Keep working hard...I hope to visit someday soon.
    - Mrs. Taylor

    ReplyDelete