Monday, February 18, 2013

Recent K02 Happenings

 Thanks for the salts Ike and family! It's definitely no fun being sick....
 We were working on making combinations of 6. First, we laid them out with these big squares and then we did our own on paper! The next day we circled the parts and labeled with numbers. I think that picture is in here somewhere :) 
 We read, The Falling Raindrop and talked about a new comprehension strategy...determining importance or the most important parts. I showed them a picture of my nieces and told them three important parts. 

 There it is! :) 
 Our Presidents are hanging in the hallway with some awesome writing. I thought it was funny when Mrs. Greer said, "They remind me of that guy from the Muppets!" Haha! 

 Here are some of our most important details during our show and share! 







 Happy, happy 1/2 birthday to Mahlaya! We are so lucky to have you in our class! 





I showed them my sharks teeth from Florida! I lived there for one year and collected a ton of teeth while I walked the beaches with my mom. I also showed them the video I saw on the news about the first recording of a live, giant squid! Science rocks. 

 Working on....a new (kid made) color word wall. 


Each day, we share the pen. We learn SO much from this daily activity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment