Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday!

I was sick yesterday. Bummer. Sorry. No posting. Here is some stuff from today though!

Today's problem was, I have 2 shapes in my bag. Together they have 7 sides. What could my shapes be? It was fun to watch them explore shapes some more and come up with different answers. We then had this discussion about the triangle and why it was needed. They knew that many of the shapes together would be 8 sides....so they were getting it. 

I also found it interesting that some kiddos just wanted that hexagon to work! Then, little miss Chloe says, "It can't be a hexagon...because there isn't any shape with 1 side!"
WOW! Whoa! Amazing....LOVE that kindergarteners can use their mathematical knowledge to reason and support their arguments. AWESOME. 


No comments:

Post a Comment