Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Shapes, shapes, shapes!

So, we are just starting to learn about 3D shapes. This is a new standard in K, so I'm having fun with it. I have to share a story....

(I was gone yesterday AM for an appt. This was after I returned.)

Children: We learned about 3D shapes!
Me: Oh really? Pretty cool right? What did you learn?
Children: Spheres and cones!
Ike: I know of another 3D shape.
Me: What's that Ike?
Ike: A dodecahedron. It's a 12 sided shape.
Me: crickets

So, we proceeded to google a dodecahedron. Ike was right! He told me he learned about it in some game. After we studied it, the other kiddos realized that our 12 sided dice are dodecahedrons.

The end of the story? I don't think so. They want me to add it to our 3D poster. So, remember when I told you children should be seeking out challenges and not settle for a comfortable A or easy grade? Ha! Well, I think they're getting it!

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment