Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

We are SO busy today! We wrote a story together during shared writing. It was a story about our visit to the zoo in April. Then we circled ALL of the hidden words we could find!

Here was our math problem: Four caterpillars are sharing 12 apples. How many will each caterpillar get? Very interesting. This kind of problem is not a just right problem for all students. It's also a trickier sharing problem, so I don't expect kinders to be able to solve it. One student wrote 3 on his board immediately. I questioned him and he said, "I know 3 and 3 is 6. I know 6 and 6 is 12." He could actually use his doubles and 'see' the 3 fours. Crazy huh? Had to share!

We will soon be planting our window gardens. We've been learning about signs of Spring! We'll see if we can use water and sunlight to grow some seeds for Earth Day :) Yay!

(my camera is at home)

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful sunshine as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment