Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

We are having a terrific day today!!!! We started the day by bringing in all of this work that we're doing on our own at home.  Yay for hard workers!!! 

Here we are trying to read survey today. I threw a curveball at them by putting in the word falling. I wanted them to learn and practice 'saying the first sound' when you get to a hard word. Then, try to figure out what might make sense or look for chunks you know. These are ALL great strategies to practice at home when you're reading and, because I was gone, they are very new to this class. 

Today we worked on the --at word family some more...they practiced segmenting the sounds in CVC words and writing down the letters. I thought it was funny because I gave them flat as the last word. It's super hard because there is a 'fl' chunk in it. So I said, "flat as a pancake..." and then Beau proceeded to write 'pancake.' What a writer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment