Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

We have a lot of kiddos starting to share some real sentences that they are writing! Amazing! That morning sentence does come in handy. So, what should your child be starting to do? 

*Print concepts: Can your child find the first word in a sentence and track print from left to right?
*Can your child tell the difference between a letter, word and sentence? 
*Can your child write his or her name with just the first letter being capital? 

Most of the sentences are 'I see,' 'I can,' and 'I like' sentences. This is how we start every year! 

Will's sentence: I see Yellowstone.

Reagan's sentence: I see water. 

Playing button match-up! Looking for buttons that have 1 or more matching attributes. 

Ask your child what attributes he or she can sort by! 





We learned the word 'and.' We were all connected with the word and now the word is at our tables! Reagan went immediately to writing workshop and wrote an 'I see' sentence with the word 'and!' 


Bryanna was writing about her mom and I showed them how I always draw a little heart next to the word 'love.' (Just like Bryanna!)



Some writers are starting to make books now. They put one idea or part of the story on a page (and add words). These books are stapled! 

Jenna's story: I see pool and hot tub. 


So....Jenna has a new writing goal! 

So does Dawson! 




CONGRATULATIONS to Clara and family for their new baby girl! 
I hope we get to meet her! 

Ooohh.....'and' in the morning sentence! 

No comments:

Post a Comment